- 1 cup self raising flour
- 400ml milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for frying
- 1 egg
- 150g fresh mixed berries ( I used strawberries, blueberries and black berries)
- 1 pack of streaky bacon
- butter for cooking and spreading
- maple syrup
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients then make a well in the middle. Add the wet ingredients to the centre of the bowl and mix until well combined and there are no lumps.
- Heat a bit of butter in a pan over medium heat. Ensure the pan doesn’t get too hot or else the butter will burn and the pancakes won’t cook all the way through. Pour the batter into the pan (about a 1/4 cup per pancake) and allow to cook until bubbles form on top, then flip and fry until golden.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in another pan over medium-high heat. Fry the bacon strips until crispy.
- To assemble, butter each pancake and stack on top of one another (around 3 pancakes per person), place the bacon strips in between the layers as well as on top. Slice up the strawberries and scatter the berries over the stack. Drizzle maple syrup over. Your glorious stack is ready to devour 🙂