I’ve been trying to incorporate more good carbs and veggies after starting a course in nutrition and my golly gosh, no one must try tell me eating healthily isn’t damn tasty! Just switching my pasta from normal white pasta to wholewheat makes all the difference and you don’t even notice the difference in taste.
I have learnt so much from the nutrition course I’ve been taking and the best part is that it has all been for free through Coursera. You can take a course of your choosing for free and have the option to buy a certificate in the end. Whether you want to learn something new or expand your knowledge on an existing topic, Coursera has a lot to offer for both. Take a look here: https://www.coursera.org/
Basil has so many good properties! With the garlic, leeks, basil and peppers, you are going to have a beautiful pasta sauce filled with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, Vitamin C and a multitude of vitamins. So this is not only extremely tasty but healthy too 🙂
- 1 packet of wholewheat spaghetti
- 200g basil pesto (or find my recipe here)
- 2 red peppers
- 1 medium sized leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Cut the leek into quarters lengthways so that you can wash it easily and get all the sand out. Once washed, slice up and set aside. Crush the garlic with your knife and chop finely. Add the leek and garlic to a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set on low heat.
- Cube the red peppers and add them to the pan. Set the heat to medium and allow the veggies to brown.
- Boil the pasta in salted water (I use around 2 tablespoons for a whole packet of pasta) and cook until your preference (I love al dente).
- When your pasta is ready, drain and set aside. Add the basil pesto to the pan and heat through. Add the pasta to the pan and mix until the pasta is coated.
- Dish up the yummy deliciousness into bowls and crumble feta onto each one. Enjoy!!