- 1 cup mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 large banana
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1,5 cups oats
- 1 cup milk of choice (coconut, almond, cow)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon apple sauce (optional)
- In a small pot, place the berries and the orange juice and set on low heat and allow to simmer.
- In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Put the oats, milk, water, cinnamon and mashed banana into a separate pot. Stir until combined and season with a sprinkle of salt. Set to a low heat and cover with a lid.
- Stir continuously until it starts to thicken. When it is thick and gooey (after about 10 minutes), cover it with the lid and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Dish up the oats into bowls and spoon the stewed berries on top. With the banana and berries it should be naturally sweetened enough. Put a tablespoon of nut butter and apple sauce on the side and dust with cinnamon. Ready to serve!