Meatless Mondays! Who’s with me? If you aren’t yet, this recipe might change your mind 😉
This is the perfect recipe for a quick but comforting meal after a long day at work. If you’re also craving something filling and packed full of protein then this is for you!
Quick Lentil Coconut Curry
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can (200g without water) brown lentils
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1.5 cups basmati rice
- Start off with making the basmati rice according to the packed instructions.
- Chop the onion finely. Mince the garlic and throw both the onion and garlic into a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set on medium heat. Allow to sweat (about 3 minutes).
- Add the red curry paste and fry until aromatic.
- Rinse the lentils in a collinder then add to the pan. Crumble in the stock cube and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and the baby spinach and cook until flavourful and the spinach has wilted (about 15 minutes). Do not allow to boil as the coconut milk will curdle.
- Add in the lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once done cooking, serve with the basmati rice. Enjoy your meatless Monday!