Have you ever sat at home and you feel like you absolutely NEED to have a snack else you might die in the next 5 minutes?
Well, that might be a tad over exaggerated but if you’re a girl, you know what I’m saying!
To avoid going straight for a bag of sweets or something unhealthy, I like to keep homemade balls in my fridge for when the cravings hit.
Since I’ve gone completely gluten free, I’ve been craving them choc chip cookies badly! So of course these choc chip cookie dough balls were the first things I wanted to make.
So whip up a batch of these to keep in the fridge for up to a week (if they last that long!). Trust, you won’t even know they are healthy they taste so good.
Healthy Choc Chip Cookie Dough Balls
Makes: 8 large balls
For the cookie dough balls:
- 150g chickpeas (in water, not brine)
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- Dash of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 50g dark chocolate
For the choc nut butter drizzle:
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Cocoa nibs (optional)
- In a food processor, throw in the chickpeas, maca powder, salt, vanilla essence, dates and coconut milk and blend until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Scrape into a bowl and measure in the coconut sugar, oat flour and desiccated coconut. Mix until well combined.
- Either grate the chocolate or cut it into tiny chunks then add it to the bowl. Use a spoon to mix it in until combined. Do not mix too much or the chocolate may incorporate into the dough.
- Use about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls (do it quickly so the chocolate doesn’t melt in your hands) and put them on a plate. The mixture will be a little sticky but this gives it the cookie dough texture.
- Once all the balls are made, it’s time to make the choc nut drizzle.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond butter, coconut milk and cocoa powder together. It should be runny.
- Drizzle it over the balls until its all been used up.
- Sprinkle some cocoa nibs on top and you’re done!
- Eat responsibly 😉