To jump on the bandwagon of quarantine banana bread, here is my new recipe. In my defense, I did not know this was trending until I had already made it and then found at least 10 banana bread recipes on my feed the next day. Oh well… When there’s a good thing like banana bread, who wouldn’t want to make it while stuck at home?
I have always been a fan of banana bread, in fact, it is one of my favorite childhood memories. When the banana bread has just come out the oven and you get to smear butter on that melts into every crevice. Wow!
The cashew flour gives this bread such a beautiful buttery and nutty flavor but also makes this bread healthy and packed with protein. This makes for a great snack or even a quick breakfast. The cashew flour can be swapped out for any other nut flour that you might prefer or have on hand.
The great thing with making banana bread is that you get to use up those over-ripe bananas lying in the fruit bowl. These over-ripe nanas are sweeter than ripe bananas because the starch has broken down into sugar over time. This means that the main source of sweetener for this recipe comes from the bananas. So healthy!
Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 cup cashew flour
- 2 mashed over-ripe bananas
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana to put on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and coconut sugar until combined and it becomes a bit frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Line a bread tin with baking paper. Pour the banana bread mixture into the tin and slice a banana lengthways. place the banana on top.
- Stick the tin in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.